1. How did you and your spouse meet? In ROTC in university. It was probably sometime in late August, early September, of 2005, when I had just started school as a freshman and he was a sophomore. I don't have too many memories of him in those early days, but we ran in different ROTC circles. We started dating at end of that school year.
2. How old were you when you two met? I was 18 and he was 19 (almost 20). When we started dating, I was 19 and he was 20.
3. How long have you been together? We've been together since May 12, 2006. Married since June 1, 2008. It'll be 6 years this year!
4. Where are you and your spouse originally from? I was born in Canada and lived there until I was 12, then moved to Denver, and then to Colorado Springs for college. He's born and raised in Colorado Springs.
5. How did you feel about him joining the military? No problem, seeing as we were both in ROTC already!
6. Where did your spouse go to Basic Training? No basic training for an officer! But he did his officer basic course at Ft Benning, GA.
7. Has your spouse ever been deployed? Yep. Iraq: July 2010 to June 2011.
8. Ever been to his promotion ceremony? Every single one! And I pinned him every time :D
9. How long have you been a military wife? I guess our whole marriage, so three and a half years.
10. Did you marry him before or after he joined? Technically before he was officially in the Army, but after he commissioned. Complicated...
11. How did your husband propose? We were about to fall asleep and I rolled over and he was holding the ring! lol
12. Where did you get married? Right outside of Colorado Springs in Manitou Springs as a beautiful old house.
13. How old were you two when you got married? I was 21 and he was 22.
14. Did he wear his uniform on his wedding day? Of course :)
15. Where are you and your spouse currently stationed? Schofield Barracks, Hawaii. For only a little bit longer.
16. Do you live on base? Yep! It just made sense when we moved here.
17. How long were you married when you had to go through your first separation? Well, he left for 2 months just 2 weeks after our wedding... and then he was gone for 5 months, 6 months after we got married!
18. What is your favorite base so far? Schofield, definitely. But it's between this one and Benning, soooo....
19. Do you think your spouse looks good in his uniform? Um, yeah.
20. Do you think military life is more advanced than civilian life? No?
21. Do you like the benefits you receive as a military dependent? Of course! I'm not going to complain about health care and discounts.
22. Do you have a lot of military wife friends? I think the majority of my friends are milspouses...
23. What is the hardest part of the military life? Saying goodbye!
24. Do you own military wife stuff? Not really. I have one sign about Army wives...
25. Do you support your spouse as a member of the military? Of course. I would support him in any way, no matter his job!