I consider myself pretty self-sufficient. I can repair things (for the most part), I can take care of a home (for the most part), and while I rely on Brandon for a lot of things, I can manage without him. But gosh darn it, we're hitting that point in the deployment where everything is falling apart, and I can't do anything about it! Here's a run down of my issues:
1. My bumper isn't completely on my car anymore. I can't pop it back on myself. This isn't a new development, btw. It's been like this since November. Sorry Brandon!
2. Burnie, Brandon's Mustang, won't start anymore. Battery is dead. I've jumped it too many times and now he's just chilling in the garage. Again, this has been since October. Sorry!
3. A cabinet door under the sink is hanging on its hinge. Maintenance guy says it's termites. Great.
4. The kitchen light won't turn on anymore.
5. The wall is separating from the landing on the stairs. Maintenance doesn't seem to be concerned.
6. There's a tree growing in my backyard.
7. My desktop computer won't turn on. I couldn't play Sims last night :(
8. Sometimes the automatic window controls on my drivers side door don't work, so I can only roll down my window but none of the others.
9. Sometimes the washing machine leaks water.
So yeah... I need Brandon home!
It was very rainy today: A perfect day to get some chores done and watch the Super Bowl with friends! I started the day early by getting to the grocery store when it opened. That way I could take my time and enjoy myself. When I got home i chatted with Brandon for a bit and then got to cleaning! I spent over 2 hours cleaning. I just have to say, it looks pretty awesome in here.
Then it was Super Bowl time! I'm not a football watcher but I'm beginning to appreciate the sport. I still like baseball and hockey better... The Super Bowl is a good time to hang out, though! We all got together at Christina's for a bunch of junk food and the game. We were cheering on the Packers and I'm happy that they won!
It was back home through the rain! I'm working on a short story right now for a competition I joined... I hope it goes well!
If you want to be a guest blogger during R&R, let me know!